I was sent a box of Makecarons from Francois Payard last week. Sometimes food writing has its perks!
It’s kind of a genius thing – empty macaron cookies, ready for any filling your heart desires. Kate and I decided to fill them with anything we could find in our cupboards. Hence:
- raspberry macarons with lemon-thyme icing
- chocolate macarons with toasted marshmallow, Nutella & graham cracker crumbss
- vanilla macarons with grapefruit-rosemary-ginger icing
- chocolate macarons with peanut butter & honey
- vanilla macarons with vanilla icing, muscovado sugar & Bolivian rose salt
- raspberry macarons with Nutella & flake salt
- vanilla macarons with pumpkin butter & chocolate chips
- raspberry macarons with lemon-thyme icing and graham cracker crumbs
We drank shrubs and Cappelletti with soda, tasted them all, and declared it good. It was a lovely afternoon of making and doing, as noted in our video above.